Friday

THE GARDEN IS NOT THE GOAL, THE GOAL IS TO GARDEN

God!! I'm so happy!!!...this thing never happen before..and I'm gonna make sure it will  happen again:D. Look, I'm the kind of person who likes to listen to what other people might think about me. What I mean is, I want to make sure that I know my mistakes and weaknesses in whatever stuff I get into, involved or do, especially my artwork. I want to listen to what other people responds when they saw my work, so that I know what is the problem. Few days ago, I posted my artwork in one of my groups in Facebook, the group is known as 'Art Dreamer', and most of  the people in the group are good in art. You can find a lot fascinating, awesome, and beautiful artwork in that group. There is one guy who suddenly commented on my post, and I am really appreciate and thankful for his beautiful words. Here is some of his advise,

No matter the artist, you, me, dali, picasso, rembrandt, anyone.. the final piece of work is not the art. The "art" is the act of making the final piece of work, weather it be a painting.. a piece of blown glass,
a sculpture, or even a garden. 



NEVER forget, that the garden is not the goal.. the goal is to garden and follow the path through the garden.. in order for other people to see the garden how you did in your minds eye.

Think of it this way.. If i hold your painting up and ask you what your looking at.. dont say "fruit".. 
The answer should actually be .. a painting.. or better yet, fibers wrapped tightly into a canvas stretched on the ribs of a tree.
Never let your eye deceive you. This is important!


After seeing his comment, I was like, "My God..that is so beautiful", I'm not sure whether he copied it from somewhere or someone, but it's really nice to receive such a words from someone who loves the same passion and share the same dream just like you, he might be just a 'nobody' for you, but sometimes words a more powerful than anything in this world, it can change one's heart. Since I don't have any confident in my artwork, these quotes are so touching and inspiring. I'm going keep these quotes in my life journal and remember it always, also, I want to inspire the people surrounding me with this quotes and give them hopes to keep on moving forward in their journey to create a beautiful artwork:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment